Monday, November 19, 2007

Bike Woes

Today morning I fell from my bike. Luckily nothing happened to me.

Earlier in the day I had to miss my cab. Our cab timings have been advanced by 15 minutes with effect from today. I had forgotten that I will still slumbering with my dress when the driver started honking. I sent him off and decided to go by bike.

Going by bike has its advantages, u can get ready at your own pace, read paper while eating etc etc… I left some 35 minutes later, vroomed past the known streets of Vijayanagar. Having driven my bike for some 7 years now, it looks like a toy in my hands.

There is this area in bommanahalli where beneath the bridge the road is very narrow and there are lots of stones and mud. I had slowed down knowing the condition of the road but still I slipped on the stones and fell from the bike. Fortunately nothing happened, my clothes got soiled a couple of places. My bike was still roaring as I stood up and shook the dust off. A Good Samaritan offered me a helping hand, lifted my bike and put the stand. He offered me some water and asked me to sit in his car and relax for a few minutes. He was standing beside me holding my helmet till I relaxed. I was moved by his friendly gesture. I thanked him profusely and asked him his name and company before leaving.

The other day in majestic, I was waiting for bus, as the bus came some 30 ppl rushed alongside the moving bus, just to get seat. An old man in his fifties who had ran alongside the bus fell on the floor. The people were so pitiless that they just jumped over him and ran towards the bus; I think some even stamped him, until finally the mob had left and two people came to his help (One was me!! J).

So with that in background I felt happy. As I continued and drove to electronics city, I felt some pain near right ankle, so I stopped briefly to check what had happened. There was again this car guy who stopped by and asked if everything was ok!! “Oh man is he following me or what? Just to make sure that I am ok and can reach?” I thought. I gestured that everything was ok and moved on.